EAT AND DRINK THE RIGHT AMOUNT FOR YOU
- Choose a healthy eating style that meets your nutrition and calorie needs.
- Drink water more often instead of sugary drinks to manage your calories.
- Use the MyPlate Plan to create your personal eating plan.
COOK MORE OFTEN AT HOME TO CONTROL THE INGREDIENTS IN YOUR FOOD
- Use oils instead of solid fat like butter to prepare your foods.
- Make meals that reflect your preferences, culture, and traditions and support a healthy eating style.
- Find recipes with nutritious ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat or fat-free dairy, and lean proteins.
EAT WELL WHEN EATING FOODS AWAY FROM HOME
- When you eat out, check for nutrition information online or ask to see nutrition information before ordering.
- Look for menu items that are baked, broiled, or steamed instead of choices that are fried, breaded or cooked in butter. Ask for creamy sauces to be served separately on the side.
- Drink water, low-calorie beverages, and unsweetened coffee or ice tea with meals.
BE ACTIVE YOUR WAY
- Enjoy physical activity at least 2 1/2 hours per week.
- Include strength training at least 2 times per week.
- Do at least 10 minutes of activity at a time to reach your weekly goals.